CFL handles appeals at all levels of federal and state courts. CFL handles appeals involving all CFL practice areas. CFL attorneys strategize during all phases of litigation to ensure that each case is best positioned for success on appeal if necessary.
- Bergmann v. Board of Regents of the University System of Maryland, 167 Md.App. 237 (2006) (Successfully represented students in an appeal resulting in the reversal of the trial court’s class certification decision and ruling that university system’s tuition policy was unconstitutional).
- LaRocca v. The Creig Northrop Team, P.C., 217 Md.App. 536 (2014) (Successfully represented homeowners in an appeal resulting in the reversal of the trial court’s grant of summary judgment in favor of real estate broker and mortgage company in mortgage fraud case).
- First Horizon Loans v. Heinz Otto Georg, Court of Special Appeals No. 0760 (September Term 2012) (unreported) (Successfully defended against appeal brought by major banks resulting in upholding of trial court’s grant of judgment in CFL’s client’s favor).
- Multiple successful appeals on behalf of requestors of public records from the D.C. government.
- Fraternal Order of Police, Metropolitan Police Labor Committee v. The District of Columbia, 79 A.3d 347 (2013).
- Fraternal Order of Police, Metropolitan Labor Committee v. The District of Columbia, 82 A.3d 803 (2014).