Conti Fenn & Lawrence LLC’s business and commercial litigation clients range from Fortune 500 companies to small enterprises and individuals. CFL represents parties in business litigation in both state and federal court and before alternative dispute tribunals. CFL attorneys handle business litigation matters that include contract disputes, enforcement of non-compete clauses, theft of trade secrets, dissolution proceedings, franchise disputes, and collections.
- Representation of an international franchisor in numerous state and federal court franchise disputes, obtaining numerous Temporary Restraining Orders, Preliminary Injunctions, and Judgments to enforce franchisor’s rights, including recently obtaining summary judgment against a $5.8M counterclaim in North Carolina Superior Court.
- Representation of large mortgage insurer in several insurance rescission disputes.
- Representation of large telecommunications company in numerous state and federal lawsuits and investigations arising out of allegations of, among other things, fraud, breach of contract, and unfair competition.
- Representation of several business entities and individuals in disputes arising out of non-competition agreements and trade secret protections.
- Representation of large non-profit entity in a breach of contract action against a production company arising out of the filming of an international environmental documentary.
- Representation of large construction company in a business fraud and embezzlement dispute against a former employee.
- Representation of small privately-owned Virginia company in a foreign judgment enforcement matter against an international business entity.
- Representation of large retail outlet entity in various commercial disputes, including, but not limited to, complex lease disputes with tenants.
- Representation of Fortune 500 construction company in various construction defect and negligence disputes.
- Representation of Fortune 100 retail company in an administrative proceeding before the Maryland Office of Administrative Hearings and Appeals of the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene arising out of an alleged violation of the Maryland Women and Infant Children Program.
- Representation of numerous individual and companies in real estate lease, sale/purchase, and development disputes.
- Representation of large police union in numerous disputes, including Freedom of Information Act litigation.
- Representation of software developer in licensing dispute.
- Representation of numerous individuals and companies in employment disputes.
- Representation of numerous individuals and entities in tax assessment disputes with local real estate taxing authorities.