CFL represents franchisors in all areas of litigation. CFL assists franchisors in enforcing the obligations of their franchisees, including intellectual property protection, quality control maintenance, royalty payment, enforcement of non-competition restrictions, and compliance with franchise system requirements. CFL also defends franchisors against franchisee and third-party claims regarding, among other things, the sale of franchises, the performance of the franchisee, and general contractual disputes.
- Obtained several Temporary Restraining Orders and Preliminary Injunctions against infringing former franchisees.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of franchisor against $5.8M counterclaim filed by former franchisee in North Carolina Superior Court.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of franchisor seeking collection of over $200,000.00 in royalty payments from a former franchisee.
- Successfully defended a franchisor accused of fraudulently inducing franchisee into purchasing franchise.
- Obtained a substantial financial settlement on behalf of franchisor who brought suit against former franchisees accused of stealing customer information to start a competing business.
- Settled numerous franchise disputes pursuant to favorable terms for franchisors.