Michael Silvestri represents businesses and individuals in complex civil litigation. He focuses his practice on securities litigation and enforcement, business litigation, labor and employment litigation, and Freedom of Information Act and Open Records Law litigation. Mr. Silvestri represented a senior bank executive in an internal investigation and related Securities and Exchange Commission and Department of Justice investigation regarding possible FCPA violations.
Securities Litigation and Enforcement
- Defending a senior U.S. investment banker in parallel SEC and DOJ investigations concerning potential FCPA violations arising out of Asian operations.
- Represented large insurance company in complex creditors’ rights litigation.
- Defended several executives of a public company in a shareholder derivative lawsuit.
Labor & Employment Litigation
- Representing employee in a whistleblower lawsuit against the government.
- Represented individual in discrimination claims filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Maryland Commission on Human Rights, and Baltimore City Community Relations Commission, as well as individuals seeking compensation under wage and hour laws.
Freedom of Information Act and Open Records Law Litigation
- Representing a large labor organization in Freedom of Information Act lawsuits seeking the release of various government documents.