Paul Fenn is a litigator whose primary area of practice focuses on business and commercial disputes in state and federal courts, as well as before the American Arbitration Association and other alternative dispute resolution forums. He has a wide range of experience in the areas of real estate disputes, partnership disputes, construction law, real estate tax assessment disputes, franchise disputes, collections, lease disputes, insurance disputes, business fraud, corporate investigations, unfair competition, personal injury, sports law, products liability, intellectual property, and numerous other related business and commercial disputes. Mr. Fenn has advised a wide range of clients, from Fortune 100 corporations to small enterprises and individuals through significant trial and arbitration matters. Mr. Fenn also has provided substantive counsel to clients in an effort to avoid litigation and foster current and prospective business relationships and opportunities.
Mr. Fenn is a former Member of the Board of Ethics for Baltimore City. He was appointed to this position by the former Mayor of Baltimore City, Martin O’Malley, and remained in this position for approximately eight years.
- Representation of an international franchisor in numerous State and Federal Court franchise disputes, obtaining numerous Temporary Restraining Orders, Preliminary Injunctions, and Judgments to enforce franchisor’s rights, including recently obtaining summary judgment against a $5.8M counterclaim in North Carolina Superior Court.
- Representation of large mortgage insurer in several insurance rescission disputes.
- Representation of large domestic insurance company in complex insurance fraud investigations and disputes.
- Representation of large telecommunications company in numerous state and federal lawsuits and investigations arising out of allegations of, among other things, fraud, breach of contract, and unfair competition.
- Representation of several business entities and individuals in disputes arising out of non-competition agreements and trade secret protections.
- Representation of the District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department Fraternal Order of Police in numerous civil disputes, and representation of several police officers in discipline appeal matters.
- Representation of numerous general contractors and subcontractors in various construction disputes in State and Federal Court, and several alternative dispute forums.
- Representation of large non-profit entity in a breach of contract action against a production company arising out of the filming of an international environmental documentary.
- Representation of large Baltimore developer in successfully challenging the assessment and taxation of a large commercial, retail, and residential development.
- Representation of large construction company in a business fraud and embezzlement dispute against a former employee.
- Representation of small privately-owned Virginia company in a foreign judgment enforcement matter against an international business entity.
- Representation of a PGA Golfer in a dispute with his former sports agency, and in several marketing and promotional engagements.
- Representation of a Maryland junior college sports team against the National Junior College Athletic Association in a matter arising out of the disbarment of the sports team from a national tournament.
- Representation of a Division I NCAA college football player in a collegiate judiciary proceeding arising out of alleged actions in violation of school’s judicial code of conduct.
- Representation of large retail outlet entity in various commercial disputes, including, but not limited to, complex lease disputes with tenants.
- Representation of Fortune 500 construction company in various construction defect and negligence disputes.
- Representation of Fortune 100 retail company in an administrative proceeding before the Maryland Office of Administrative Hearings and Appeals of the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene arising out of an alleged violation of the Maryland Women and Infant Children Program.
- Representation of numerous individuals and companies in real estate lease, sale/purchase, and development disputes.
- Representation of large police union in numerous disputes, including Freedom of Information Act litigation.
- Representation of numerous small and large contractors and subcontractors in mechanic’s lien and surety disputes.
- Representation of software developer in licensing dispute.
- Representation of numerous individuals and companies in employment disputes.
- Representation of numerous individuals and entities in tax assessment disputes with local real estate taxing authorities.